Ea, ka ilau ei ie Livu Lake.
“Yes, I’ve read The Black Cauldron.”
Notes: It’s true, you know.
I was going to do another word, but I noticed that one of my glyphs is broken in my dictionary. I don’t know if it’s because I use the wrong keystroke or…oh dear. I’ve looked up, and I found another glyph that’s broken. Darn it. I hate it when this happens…
The font I use for the Kamakawi script is actually four different fonts: a regular, bold, italic and bold italic version of the same font. If I want to use a particular glyph, I have to know the keystroke, and which of the four versions of the font it’s in. Sometimes if I do an accidental find and replace, a character will go AWOL, and I’ll have to go look it up and replace it—or, even worse, if I sometimes make a change to the font, certain characters will disappear (because, of example, I sometimes delete them on accident). I really wouldn’t want to have to redo these glyphs; it’s such a hassle…
True, Unicode would be best here, but I simply will not use the personal use area for conlang fonts. It just doesn’t work—and it’s inconvenient. I can’t wait until there’s a better, more permanent solution to the issue of personal script use.